If you’ve been working out and managing your weight, you also strive for good-looking, toned abs that make you look hotter! But not all of us have time to go to the gym every day. And this is why there are a few types of equipment that you can easily buy and keep at home to workout at your convenience.
Here are some of them:
These benches are one of the most versatile exercise options when it comes to getting perfectly toned abs. It’s recommended for both, beginners and advanced gym-goers.
A steep angle adds more resistance and hence, is harder to work on. Likewise, a wider angle is easier to do and more appropriate for beginners. They assist in strengthening the core muscles.
- Lie down with your back on the bench.
- Place your feet under the footpads and keep your arms across your chest, look at the ceiling and crunch.
- When crunching up, lift your shoulders off the bench, ensuring that you do not lift your lower back off the bench.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds. Lower yourself and come back to the starting position.
- Controlled movements are the key to strengthening core muscles such as the rectus abdominis, side abs, and obliques.
- Lie down on your back and keep the roller under your knees.
- Keep your hands by your side and pull your knees towards your chest.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and return. Complete 10 repetitions.
- This crunch variation using a foam roller is effective for firming and developing your lower abdominals.
Standing with feet apart, hold the kettlebell in your left hand.
Raise the kettlebell above your head and turn your torso towards the right.
Engage the muscles on your left side. After 10 repetitions, switch sides. This specific exercise engages your entire core, the rectus abdominis, and your obliques.
- To perform the exercise, get down on your hands and knees.
- Hold on to the abs wheel and roll yourself forward to form a straight line (lift your knees off the floor and contract your abs.) Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Using your abs, (and not your back or hips) pull yourself back to the starting position. It is extremely effective in strengthening core muscles, upper and lower abdomen, obliques, lower back, arms, shoulders, waist, thighs, and legs.
The movement of the ab wheel works on the abs and develops the lower back. Moreover, the wheels are easy to use and store and can be taken anywhere.