Protein/Energy Bars – Energy bars are a combination of grains, nuts, fruits, cereal and other healthy materials that can be used as a substitute for a meal. This is generally for people who do not have enough time on their hands to eat a full meal or for athletes and gym goers who need mini snack bars that will fill their stomach but not too much.
Since there’s a high demand for these supplements, there’s immense competition in the market which enables a lot of companies to create fraud products that do not have the required nutritional value. So how do you pick the right energy bar? Don’t worry, we’ve got you!! Just make sure the energy bar you choose gives you the following:
- The adequate amount of required calories (energy).
- The right amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Other added vitamins and minerals (for eg. calcium, zinc, iron, vitamin D, vitamin B-12, folic acid, protein, and fiber).
- Comfort with respect to its portability and packaging.
- A full enough stomach to ward off any unhealthy snacking temptations.
- Enough energy so that you don’t require any other meals at that period.
- Have a long shelf life and don’t require refrigeration
So here, we have a list of 5 best energy bars in the market that will provide you with almost all of the requirements mentioned above:
1) Mojo Bar
- The yogurt content provides antioxidants that are good for your heart and also prevent various diseases.
- This protein bar tastes like dessert and hence, provides you with an incentive to eat healthy food that’s also tasty.
- The bar provides enough sugar for aiding physical activities like trekking etc.
- The company claims it’s an all-natural product even though the packaging clearly states otherwise.
- This bar contains added sugar, emulsifiers and vegetable oil that’s not at all healthy for the body.
- No artificial flavor enhancers present.
- This bar sticks to its claim and has no chemicals in it either.
- Since the flavors are all natural, this bar definitely tastes amazing. However, it’s not very sweet.
- The honey content of the bar is 20% and they have some palm sugar added to it. This is a lot of sugar for an energy bar.
- It doesn’t contain any added, extra sugars unlike other energy bars
- Contains oats and rice crisps in a large quantity.
- One of the only common cons and complaints against this bar is that it’s not very tasty. The bar leaves a flaky taste on the tongue and tastes too dry.
- Minimally processed
- All natural high-quality ingredients
- This bar includes a lot of traditional ingredients like ragi, millet, etc that have been left out of the western palate
- No added sugars
- It is an expensive energy bar considering its small size.
- Some customers have complained about it being too sweet in taste.
- The bars are a little small in size and hence, feel more expensive.
- Includes only healthy fats, proteins, essential vitamins, and minerals – required to sustain a healthy life.
- There are no added preservatives present.
- All the products are ‘handmade and 100% natural’
- The bars are too small for the price being paid.