Whether you’re a regular at the gym or only practice yoga at home, a yoga mat is absolutely necessary for various reasons. It obviously provides a firm surface for yoga but also acts as a cooling agent after exercising at the gym.
While looking at the qualities that make a yoga mat suitable, we must consider these:
- Grip – after a sweaty workout, the last thing you want is to slip on the yoga mat because of your sweat. Hence, it’s important to check the grip of the yoga mat and make sure it’s not a slippery surface
- Cushion – it’s important to ensure that the mat is soft and cushiony. If it’s hard, it may lead to various problems like back pain, uncomfortable positions.
- Durability – while buying any product, we need to make sure it lasts with us for a long time and doesn’t get ruined quickly.
- Flatness – it’s also important to make sure it’s even otherwise it may lead to problems like back pain.
- Weight – a yoga mat must be lightweight and easy to carry otherwise it’ll be as good as a weight lifting exercise.
However, you needn’t worry about which mats you should be buying since we have done all the research work for you and present to you 5 yoga mats that you can choose from with respect to your preference!
OxOFit All Purpose Premium Yoga Mat
- Ant-Slip TPE Material
- LxWxH: 74x24x0.5 inches
- Easy To Clean
- Easy To Carry
- This yoga mat has a strong odor because of the TPE material
- Cannot be used outdoors
- Weighs upto 1kg.
Curveit TPE Yoga Mat with Carrying Strap
- Wider than most mats
- Cushiony – provides pain-free exercise but also with the required protection.
- Excellent grip – no slipping and sliding due to the textured surface
- Easy to carry
However, this yoga mat is on the pricier end and can cost a lot for someone who isn’t going to use it regularly.
Eco-Friendly TPE 6mm Thick Workout Yoga Mat
- Easy to clean.
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- Double-sided non-slip textured surface.
- Waterproof and dustproof, cleaning up the simple convenience.
- Lightweight, easy to carry, great slip resistance and flexibility.
- You can use it for other exercises too.
- The carry bag is a little small for the mat
- The mat gives out foul odor for the first few weeks but it disappears later.
KBF Fitness Textured Pattern, Anti Skid Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- padded for comfortable activity
- Firm grip
- The material in use is durable and resistant to wear and tear
- Easy to carry
- Easy to roll
- Easy to wash
- Not comfortable for outdoor use as it is not very flexible
ClearChoice Yoga 6mm Thick TPE Yoga and Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap | for Men and Women
- 6mm extra thick
- Excellent non-slip traction and durable
- a free carrying strap is included
- It is very expensive compared to the average price of a yoga mat.
- It’s a little thicker than normal and hence it’s difficult to fold.
Now that you’re aware of some of the different kind of mats available in the market, along with their features, choosing the right one will not be an issue!